10 most popular new year's resolutions (with apps to help achieve them)
Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2013, 1:26 AM
Below are Americans' most common New Year's goals, according to a Harris poll-and apps that can help you reach them.
1. Lose weightNutrino: Enter your current and target weights and food preferences and this app builds a personalized menu to bring you closer to your goal. (Free; iOS; Android coming soon)
2. Improve your financesBudget Boss: Create a budget quickly and effortlessly-then watch your predicted savings grow with easy-to-read graphs. ($0.99; iOS)
3. ExerciseHuman: Commit to moving at least 30 minutes every day with this simple app, which uses location tracking to measure your activity and notifies you when you're done. (Free; iOS)
4. Get a new jobJob Search: Find open positions near you and submit applications from your phone. (Free; iOS, Android)
5. Eat healthierFooducate: Scan grocery barcodes and get a nutrition grade from A to D with this award-winning app. (Free; iOS, Android).
6. Manage stress betterTake a Break!: Relax with 7- or 13-minute guided meditation audio tracks that let you choose between a voice, music, and nature sounds. (Free; iOS, Android)
7. Stop smokingQuit Smoking: Enter your current smoking habits and this app will design a unique, gradual schedule to wean you off cigarettes. (Free; Android)
8. Improve a relationshipBack in Touch: Import your phone contacts and create settings on how frequently (montly, weekly, etc.) you'd like to touch base with each of them. Then, the app reminds you to give 'em a call at the interval you chose. ($1.99; iOS)
9. Stop procrastinatingFinish: Get stuff done with this app that lets you enter tasks and due dates (with flexible short term, mid term, and long term timelines), then reminds you until the job is done. ($0.99; iOS)
10. Set aside time for yourselfBRB: Need to unplug? Download this app that lets you craft a message that notifies your contacts you're taking a break from your phone, which is shareable via Facebook, Twitter, or text. (Free; iOS)