Video: A Song for The New Yorker Festival

As we put the finishing touches on the lineup for the fifteenth annual New Yorker Festival, here's an anticipatory tune from Marc Philippe Eskenazi to whet your appetite. Eight weeks to go until we see you in October!


I'm buying up all the books, looking where nobody looks For a dude who can score me some tweed. But I'll have all I need to be a man of renown When the Festival comes to town.


And I'll be bringing in the tables from the sidewalk cafés As the leaves become red, yellow, and brown. And the whole world will know what my book was about, When the Festival comes to town.


Dorothy Parker seduced me in a dream last night, Then Thurber threw me down to the ground. Dorothy, can you hear me? How 'bout a second round? When the Festival comes to town.


Yeah, the articles are long, but I ain't no clown, And this year I'm hunkering down. Gonna read a full issue, so wise shall I sound When the Festival comes to town.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons iPhone 6 Won't Be Popular

Eset nod32 ativirus 6 free usernames and passwords

Apple's self